Word processing is necessary in order to:
1) eliminate errors remaining after the completion of the author;
2) to achieve clarity and clarity of definitions;
3) check the actual material and deliver the manuscript of inaccuracies;
4) eliminate the roughness of language and style;
5) the technical process manuscript.
Types of Changes
In the practice of providing 4 types of changes.
It is a separate kind of editing. Should be distinguished from proofreading proofreading, which finalized for submission to the original set.
Corrector problem – correct errors, standardize and abbreviations, to bring into a single system, all references and footnotes, etc. Learn more about order editing and proofreading services.
Edit-proofreading is used in preparation for the release of reissues, as well as documentary materials of different nature. This type of changes are: the official materials, works of classical writers, the publication of historical documents.
Applies when, for whatever reason, you need to reduce the amount of text, but without prejudice to its content.
Reduction are those texts which have longueurs, unnecessary repetition, the same type of data, the small details.
Sometimes the editor is to present the material to a strictly defined number of sheets, lines or characters (eg, encyclopedias, handbooks, journals). The editor should leave only the most basic, reducing all secondary.
In abbreviated form can be published classic works of literature to be studied in high school, as well as a reader.
Make-reduction can edit the author himself.
- A correction of the manuscript, which allows to consider it fair copy, ready for printing.
When editing, processing uses the entire range of operations: specify the actual data corrected compositional defects are eliminated logical inconsistencies and improved linguistic aspects of the work (removed all the lexical and stylistic shortcomings). All major changes to the text editor, you must agree with the author. Otherwise, the writer of the processed material on their own, trying to preserve the author’s style (style), fixing only what is contrary to the language and distorted thinking.
Applied in the preparation of manuscripts for publication of those authors who had limited literary language. Edit-adaptation is widely used in newspaper offices, especially in parts of the letters, because the materials sent by readers, for various reasons, it is difficult to send to the press in the form in which they were received.
A variety of changes, alterations is the so-called “literary record.” This entry story stager about his life, work and success. Based on these stories, writer-editor in collaboration with the author-narrator creates a literary work. Or literary workers themselves are selected literary material and write the text you want, which is consistent with that person. If such material is signed by the employee is not the newspaper, and the person who countersigned the text, it is called “zaavtorstvom” ["ghost-writing"].
“Zaavtorstvo” is expressed not only in the fact that on the basis of written submissions or oral story the journalist writes an article and another person signs it, but in the fact that it includes its own view of things, gives his opinion of the author’s, that is for the opinion of the person who signed the article.
- Editorial and technical processing of all texts origination in preparing it to production, during which eliminates spelling and punctuation errors, establish a uniform spelling of abbreviations, names and other text elements, check the allocation system, links, correct numbering, pay attention to the editor on them unnoticed semantic, factual, stylistic errors. Proofreading usually carries corrector-vychitchik or literary editor.
- A set of proof-correction and the process of correcting errors or technical flaws in the proof-sheet set and printed, including the reading of proof-sheet and proof-correction. The main tasks of the corrector:
1) elimination of errors typesetter, distorting the original (missing, permutations letters, syllables, punctuation, etc.);
2) the elimination of errors undetected in the original.